On Nov 22, 9:34 pm, Tim Lahey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Nov 23, 2008, at 12:27 AM, Thomas Madden wrote:
>
> > I will have to if I ever want to get any sleep again. But only
> > temporarily because I am having too much fun with it!
>
> > Michael,
>
> > I think I became aware of Sage about two years ago. At that time I was
> > using Maple and was content but the idea behind Sage really interested
> > me so I would periodically check up on it. Almost a year ago I noticed
> > that my %CPU use was maxing out when I was working in a Maple doc. I
> > was using a Power Book G4 and running OS X 10.3.9. I posted this at
> > mapleprimes and contacted support. The reply was that they could not
> > reproduce the behavior and that they would be dropping support for
> > that version of OS X since it was getting old. (other users confirmed
> > the behavior at mapleprimes)
>
> Interesting, since I have a G4 Mac Mini running Maple 11 without much
> difficulty. I've also been using it on an Intel Core Duo Mac Mini and
> my Core 2 Duo MacBook.

[snip]

Tim,

Here is a link to the discussion

http://www.mapleprimes.com/forum/cpu-use

I am a teacher and I used Maple quite a bit to make tests and
handouts. It seemed to only happen in document mode where I was using
pretty much just text and 2D formulas with some graphs. If I opened
the doc for presentation it would be fine until I did any editing.
Then I could see the cpu jump up in the activity monitor and it would
stay there until I clicked outside in the finder. It may have been
related to something else in my system. I never figured it out. I just
stopped using it for the most part.

Thomas