On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "William Stein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> in SAGE.
> | > |
> vote for
> accepted.
> is being
> interface.
> | >
> | > Just as three projects have agreed to using distinct driver names, it
> | > would make sense for Sage to use distinct interface names too.
> | >
> | > -- Gaby
> | >

> | Are you suggesting that sage have three separate interfaces:
> |
> |   sage: axiom.eval('2+2')
> |   4
> |   sage: open_axiom.eval('2+2')
> |   4
> |   sage: fricas.eval('2+2')
> |
> | William
>
> I'm suggesting that since the three software can coexist on a single
> filesystem and as standalone binaries, it makes the most sense that
> Sage's interface does also make room for them to coexist in a Sage
> session as you show above -- would a user elect to install Sage
> optional packages for all three.  [ This, of course, does not mean
> that the Sage people have to implement all three. ]

Thanks for the clarification.  Let me re-ask my question.
Would you like to change so that the default  PanAxiom interface
in Sage, which is currently called "axiom" be instead called "fricas",
since it is currently being developed by Fricas developers, and
may end up using special features of Fricas?
    [ ] Yes
    [ ] No

William