Hi, I see that sage can call mathematica functions - I suppose that
only works if I have mathematica installed.

What I'm wondering is if I can import a mathmatica notebook into sage?
We used to have mathematica at my school and I remember using some very
nice mathematica notebooks by Jerry Uhl (University of Illinois?) that
served as workbooks for teaching calculus.  Can I use these notebooks
with sage?

Also, I see that sage uses lots of great FOSS math apps.  One I don't
see, and wonder why its not included, is Octave which would give MATLAB
functionality to sage.  I'm wondering why Octave is not part of sage?
I thought sage was to be an alternative to Magma, Mathematica and
MATLAB.

TIA,
AJG

A. Jorge Garcia
Teacher and Professor
Applied Math and Comp Sci
Baldwin High and Nass CC

The Calculus and CompSci Project Online!
http://calcpage.tripod.com