> no, it doesn't give you *any* reasonable figures, at all!
> In fact, I am sure lots of people (a vast majority) are running Cygwin
> (or Mingw - a clone of Cygwin) apps on their Windows boxes without
> even realising this. Cygwin works quietly behind the scenes here.

That is very interesting.  When you say "a vast majority", can you
give an example of a specific application people are using?  That
could be good to know about.

Also, from earlier in the discussion it sounded like it was possible
to make Sage-Cygwin be a one-step download, e.g.

1. Download sage-cygwin.msi
2. Double click and click through an install process
3. Click the icon for sage-cygwin and begin using Sage

If that is possible, that would be fantastic.  Up to now my
understanding was that one first had to download Cygwin and install/
configure it, then download the Sage install and hope that it
cooperated with Cygwin on one's computer.

- kcrisman