On Nov 13, 2011, at 09:59 , Bill Janssen wrote:

> You're implying that 4.7.1 or 4.7.2 fix this issue in some way?  I
> don't see anything in the release notes which would cause me to
> suspect that.

Unless I'm still too caffeine-deprived, I think the issue is that you are one
of the first to try the Mac OS X 10.5 binary release of 4.7, at least with
something involving this particular library.

There is no (i.e., doesn't seem to be an) issue for those who are using either
a different binary or have built from source (at least, your primordial example
works for me) (once I change my name to "wjanssen" :-}).

This doesn't seem to be a problem in Sage that needs to be fixed.  It seems to
be a problem with one (or perhaps more than one) binary that has been built
improperly.

If someone else doesn't verify this first, I'll try to get to it tomorrow.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large
Director