On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Bill Janssen <bill.jans...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I think that's right, Justin.
>
> I just tried this:
>
> 1.  Build libpng and libjpeg, static-only, and install to SAGE_LOCAL/
> lib/.
> 2.  Build Imaging-1.1.7 (after setting CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS to point
> to SAGE_LOCAL), and install to SAGE_LOCAL/lib.
> 3.  Remove my /opt/local/lib/ directory.
>
> Now Image.open() and .show() work fine.
>
> I think this should become part of the Sage build process, if it isn't
> already.

No way.  Either we include libjpeg properly with Sage (and link it
dynamically), or we make sure that our build machines don't have stuff
in /opt that produces bad binaries.

I think including libjpeg at some point is reasonable, assuming that
it is legal these days. (Is it?)

 -- William

--
William Stein