With over 1600 entries I haven't found the need for multiple thread,
although it is still a desirable feature.

I used the registry entry PerItemCycle to speed up the checks.  The
default is 250ms, I lowered mine to 20ms and it can go to as low as
10ms. Instant time savings.  The other thing to look at is timeouts on
failed checks.  The default is 5 seconds, most of mine are set for 3
seconds or less.

My check cycle now only last about 3 minutes, previously it had been
over 5.  The web page generation still takes some time, in my case about
5 minutes for 100 pages.

-Kevin