The first thing I would do is go to someplace like Montastic and sign up.  Add
your URL and it will provide a basic "internet" view of availability.

In Servers Alive turn monitoring up to maximum and let it run for a cycle or
two with the failures.  The turn the monitoring back to normal. In the log find
the error being returned to Servers Alive.  This will be the first indication
of what is wrong.  From your other message it seems to be looking for
non-existent content.

Once that has been identified corrective actions can be created.  If it's
timing out but the site is up, increase the timeout.  If it's a content
issue, correct that or create a "status" page that is static content( simply
says OK).

Other issues may be occurring but those are the primary ones.

-Kevin

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Griffin, Jim <jgrif...@kepner-tregoe.com