On Thu, 04 Feb 1999 14:32:42 PST Thu,  4 Feb 99 22:57:15 GMT, you wrote:

>>Future haven't made any official statement regarding YS copyrights.
>They
>>haven't said "no", but then they haven't said "yes" either. Most YS
>writers
>>had a contract that gave Future first serial rights (i.e. YS printed
>their
>>stuff first) but after that, copyright is owned by the witers
>themselves,
>>hence my attempt to get hold of as many as possible.
>
>Nick - my recommendation (and I checked with Jonathan Nash on this, and
>he agreed) is just to go ahead and put it up. We all love seeing our
>stuff actually being read out there (which is really surprising, and I
>occasionally get fan mail!?!?!??!). If someone objects, pull their work,
>but I guarantee you that they won't.

Well, I have gone ahead (there are 600-odd articles on the site at the
moment), and I have permissions for about 70% of them now. Something like 20
old writers have got in touch with me, and all but two have supported my site.

>Unless they're a real bumbling a$$ho!3.

Well, one of them (who shall remain nameless) asked for none of the work under
his name to be put up, and gave a good (and reasonable, therefore respectable)
reason for the request.

The other, Iolo Davidson, was VERY angry that I put up his old Backlash
articles, so they were pulled immediately. It was a pity as I really like
those articles.

Horses for courses, really, but I was very surprised and impressed about the
level of support I got for the site. Mike Gerrard in particular was an
absolute star, he seemed to really appreciate the site, and the spirit of the
site.

Now if only Future was open to doing a special Your Sinclair CD based on this
site, include near-100% articles coverage, cover tape snapshots, etc, etc. I'd
LOVE to handle a project like that...

----      Nick Humphries - [EMAIL PROTECTED]      ----
------      The Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years      ------
-------  http://www.the-den.clara.net/ys/cover.htm  -------