> Van: Johnna Teare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> CC: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
> Onderwerp: Re: SAM Downloads
> Datum: Tuesday, August 17, 1999 12:55

> Sorry folks, but its open season now. Either come up with some
> attractive ways of remarketing games that most SAM owners
> already have, or expect the worst.

Why expecting it? It is already here, the Sam is dead as a doornail. At
least that is what is happening in the Dutch situation, only a handfull of
active Sam-users remain, and basically have everything that money could buy
for the Sam. So don't expect a market overhere.

Even in the very unlikely case that there are people who are willing to buy
a Sam overhere in the Netherlands, there is no way that they gonna pay
another 100 to a 150 quid for a decent collection of software. And i don't
blame them (mind you, all back-issue's of Fred alone would (if they cost a
pound per issue) cost you 80 pounds).

> This is a chance to do somethig a bit different and take the SAM
> into the new millenium with a chance of survival - even if it is only
> in emulated form.

Emulation is the only way forward at this moment, unless Bob makes a full
U-turn and starts promoting and selling the Sam with full and honest
enthousiasm. But don't expect much from the new emulator-users unless they
already own or have owned a Sam Coupe when it comes to
programming-projects.

> Go on - send me the death threats that usually accompany
> anybody who tries to undermine the great Fred / Format empire.
>
> [god i love stirring it up!]

I know the feeling, and i am glad you did.

--
Robert van der Veeke, aka RJV Graphics
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The trick to walking upright is not to use your knuckles.