On 19 Aug 99, at 22:53, Robert van der Veeke wrote:

> Even in the very unlikely case that there are people who are willing to
> buy a Sam overhere in the Netherlands, there is no way that they gonna pay
> another 100 to a 150 quid for a decent collection of software. And i don't
> blame them (mind you, all back-issue's of Fred alone would (if they cost a
> pound per issue) cost you 80 pounds).

Which is why issue 1-30 at the vey least should be released on an
ftp somewhere.

> > This is a chance to do somethig a bit different and take the SAM
> > into the new millenium with a chance of survival - even if it is only in
> > emulated form.
>
> Emulation is the only way forward at this moment, unless Bob makes a full
> U-turn and starts promoting and selling the Sam with full and honest
> enthousiasm. But don't expect much from the new emulator-users unless they
> already own or have owned a Sam Coupe when it comes to
> programming-projects.

But SIMCoupe might just bring back into the fold some of teh
talented programmers we've lost. Without a doubt some of teh best
programmers have originated on Speccy and then moved to Sam.
Just look at what a small user base we had, and then look at the
quality of some of the games we got.

Wouldn't it be nice if people who had gone on to better things were
able to double click on a little Sim Coupe icon on their desktop and
run off some more works of art for fun?
Peace, Love and Kisses,
JohnnaPig Teare
http://www.theunstoppablesexmachine.freeserve.co.uk
"It won't get better but it might never get worse..."