On Tue, Aug 24, 1999 at 11:06:53AM +0100, Justin Skists wrote:
> I had always had the impression that the network port was, in fact,
> the MIDI port. You connect the SAMs up as a daisy chain and tell
> the SAM about it.

If there is no DOS loaded then the Sam accepts "device n" and will save
and load through the MIDI port.  I don't think I have tried this with two
Sams, but I have used it with a Sam and a +3 by writing a prog on the +3
to imitate what the Sam does.

If SamDOS is loaded then device n is no longer a valid device.  In order to
use it you have to poke a sysvar to pretend there is no DOS.

If MasterDOS is loaded then you can do it by putting "n:" at the beginning
of the file name.  I seem to remember there was some quirk about doing
this, but I forget exactly what.  Maybe it was that "device n" didn't
work but putting "n:" in the name did.

imc