> I don't disagree with you selling your own software Colin neither, if you
> recall. None of us can work for nothing.

The only part I questioned was your statement: "why would anyone want to charge
for software relating to a dead computer?" and I gave my reasons. You did reply
understanding my arguments so there's no problem there!

> What I do feel is wrong is to sell titles that were written independently of
> Persona (ie Lemmings, Prince of Persia, etc) and that therefore belong to
> others outside of Persona, regardless as to who owns the copyright.

I'm not sure what you are meaning there, the software in question that will
hopefully be sold as charity-ware by Sam Community are ones that David does have
the rights to...

'Lemmings' and 'Prince of Persia'  are Chris White's intellectual property,
which he released for free download etc - nobody is selling them...

Although other authors have also expressed their wishes that they don't want
their software distributed free, or even re-released for sale when they were
asked about it.

> So please, Colin, as you seem the only relevant person about on this list to
> put the question to - what titles does Persona/David Ledbury etc own the
> copyright to? Once I discover this, then there won't be any need to make
> sarcastic comments in order to provoke a response.

I can remember some of the titles of which David has distribution rights and
copyrights over, and i'm sure David will confirm these and add more to this list
when he has the time.

Disk Mags: Blitz, Sam Prime, Sam Quartet, SamCo newsdisk
Games: Manic Miner, Exodus, distribution rights for Enigma Variations games, and
a probably a fair few other Persona games I can't remember at this moment in
time.
Utilities: Sam Midi Sequencer is the main one I can think of just now - but
there is a few others iirc.

Colin
====
Quazar : Hardware, Software, Spares and Repairs for the Sam
For all the recent Quazar news, see the new look website:
http://www.quazar.clara.net/sam/