Watch this space for other methods - well, actually subscribe to Sam Revival
as news will hit there first ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Simon Owen
Sent: 19 November 2004 11:07
To: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
Subject: RE: SAM to PC

Wolfgang Haller wrote:
> There are two ways to transfer SAM harddisk records (floppy
> disk = Record 0!) to a PC as DSK-files. What you need:

There's soon to be an extra method for 2000/XP users, as the new SamDisk is
almost done.  It's not quite as convenient for real hard disks, but still
works - it's better to use a Compact Flash card for easy portability between
SAM and PC.

There's plenty new on the floppy side too, with controller-level access to
floppy disks using a new driver (replacing the old SAMDISK.SYS).  I've had
to drop NT4 support, but the improvement in speed and the overall control
means it's well worth it.  Access to copy-protected disks is possible, but
not yet implemented (still can't decide which image format to use now SDF is
being dropped).

Back on the BDOS side, here's are some examples:

C:\>SamDisk.exe /dir

 2: =  32MB, 64000 sectors, CHS=80,16,50, BDOS (40 records)

C:\>SamDisk.exe /dir 2:
 Record names:

    1 : one
    2 : two
    3 : three
    4 : four
    5 : five
    6 : six
    7 : seven
    8 : eight

C:\>SamDisk.exe /dir 2:7
 Record 7: seven

  1  B-DOS14e    20  C  32777,10000
  2  Formatter    3  BASIC     1
  3  MakeBoot    10  BASIC    10
  4  MakeBoot.C   1  C  48640,501
  5  Makeboot.T   7  C  32768,3215
  6  Backup       4  BASIC    20
  7  BDOSinfo     3  BASIC    20
  8  BDOSINFO.T  57  C  49152,28846
  9  HDBOOT  .T   9  C  49152,4571
 10  HDBOOT       3  BASIC    20
 11  HD2disk      3  BASIC    20

 Number of Free K-Bytes = 720
 11 Files, 69 Free Slots

C:\>SamDisk.exe 2:7 seven.dsk
Disk image written successfully.

C:\>SamDisk.exe 2: harddisk.hdf
Hard disk image created successfully.

I've still got one problem to fix for Colin, but I'll upload the new version
once that's done...