> It occurred to me that with SimCoupe we could overclock the machine and
code
> up stuff that wouldn't have been possible on the 6MHz Sam (except possibly
> with the accelerator board, of course!). Do people think this destroys the
> heritage of the machine or is it something they'd be happy to see
> (especially if we did restrict it to what's possible with upgraded
> hardware)?

Hmmm... the temptation would be there to run SimCoupe at higher speeds, and
yes great things could be done... but it would lose the feel of the real
machine along the way. It's something you seem to hear about occasionally
for other platforms - making emulators support extra things the real machine
can't, and I feel that just takes the magic away from it all.

> And on the subject of the accelerator board, I remember Cookie showing one
> running Lemmings at the second Gloucester show that someone (can't
remember
> ... was it Nev? don't think so) had built... what happened to that?

That was Simon & Martin Rookyards accellerator, at 8MHz on the day of the
show, although Simon did say it got up to 10MHz.

What happened to it ... long forgotton in the land of projects not
finished... Unfortunately along with Simon and Martin's other projects - the
MultiROM, the MiDGET, and dare I say it ... oh go on then..... Statues of
Ice!

Colin
=====
Quazar : Hardware, Software, Spares and Repairs for the Sam Coupe
Website: http://www.samcoupe.com/ and http://www.quazar.clara.net/sam/
Issue Ten of "Sam Revival" Magazine Out Now