> >  Acftually while I think about it - I read something
> somewhere about a SAM to PC interface...
>
> does anyone know anything about this?

It must have been Wolfgangs excellent review :-)

In addition to wolfgang response.

The B-Link is a cable that you connect to PC serial commport and SAM MIDI
port (1st version) or
MIDI port and LIGHT PEN (2nd version) and uses a software controlled serial
protocol.

The 1st version uses a speed of 57600bps Because of MIDI IN hardware limits
The 2nd version uses a speed of 112500bps and uses the LIGHT PEN input as a
workaround the MIDI IN.

On the PC side a terminal program is used that supports YMODEM protocol. For
windows Hyper Terminal can be used.
YMODEM uses 16 bit CRC error checking and supports multiple file transfers.

The WIP SAM software which is still pretty basic, currently can transfere
only a diskimage read from floppy or (multiple) records from harddisk to PC
at 112500bps with the B-Link MIDI/LIGHT PEN version and comms interface
using a (three wire) null modem cable. Good for backups

Because of the WIP state the software is only available on request.

Edwin