I didn’t get a disk drive for 6 months L  tape loading assemblers art packages etc – took ages!

From: owner-sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no [mailto:owner-sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no] On Behalf Of Bob Wilkinson
Sent: 01 December 2004 15:57
To: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no; sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
Subject: RE: Sam's 15th Birthday!

 I had forgotten the disk never worked,

Bob.

-------Original Message-------

Date: 01 December 2004 11:02:43

Colin Piggot wrote:

> Well, December 2004 see's the 15th Birthday of the Sam Coupe! Did

> anyone here receive their Sam in December 1989 when they were

> released, and did it live up to your initial expectations?

Yes and yes. I'd spent pretty much all my pennies from my paper-round and

was well chuffed when it arrived. Business Post.

I remember being disappointed about the disk not working but then going

through the demo tape and being utterly gobsmacked when the screen grab of

the astronaut came on screen.

Simpler times :)

Geoff

.