On 4 Apr 2011, at 16:02, Simon Cooke wrote:

> If SimCoupe uses rdtsc without setting the CPU thread affinity, there are
> issues on some systems where it loses track when the thread is scheduled onto
> another CPU core. Usually a bios update can fix this, or switching to use
> QueryPerformanceCounter.

It did use QPC, but only for sub-system profiling within the emulator.  That
was becoming increasingly meaningless with multi-core systems, so I stripped it
out a couple of months back!  Knowing the running speed and the framerate
should be more than enough for most users.

I remember taking special care of the issue in my floppy driver, where even
kernel QPC could use up using different timestamps on some systems.  There were
fix utilities available to forcibly sync them, and I believe modern systems
should use more reliable time sources.  Nasty stuff though!