The USB Floppys have a extremly cut down controller which is missing ability
for low level access. So the answer is no. My Acer TM312T has a external
parallel port Disc drive, and it can read and write Coupé Discs, only
because the BIOS. It would be possible to make a USB Floppy which can use
SAM discs, but not in a standard way. And it would also need new drivers.