It's great to see any new SAM game! Well done! And congrats for programming it in assembler. Wish I could do that, as it would give me much more elbow room for a couple of my own projects. (It's GamesMaster's fault, honest!!)

It's certainly good old fashioned platformer fun. How many levels/screens are there?

Warren

Quoting Andrew Gillen <a...@joua.net>:

Hi folks

I've finished writing my first game for the SAM. In fact it is pretty much the first game I've ever programmed in assembler (certainly on the SAM anyway) . I've tinkered with various high level languages over the years but have nothing to show for it.

You can grab it from this rather minimalist website:

http://www.joua.net/

You need a 512KB SAM for it (although when playing it you'd be forgiven for asking why..).

Just a run of the mill single screen platfomer, really, but I appreciate any feed back. I've learned a heck of a lot of the year programming it and should be taking the experience gained to improve my skills (what skills?!) when tackling new projects which will be forthcoming!

If you find the frame rate somewhat lacking on some levels then you can turn off the music (e-tracker mods) to gain some processing time. Or just turn it off anyway of course if you don't like it!

Anyway, enjoy.

Cheers
Andrew.