On 16/04/2012 16:17, Tommo H wrote:
> Versus running it on a normal computer, do we get genuine 50Hz output?

Setting an option in /boot/config.txt overrides the auto HDMI mode, so
it's be easy to force 50Hz (it'd be even better if it could selected on
demand at runtime).  Composite defaults to NTSC but can be configured as
PAL too.  I'll probably still need to implement some sound scaling to
keep it in sync with the vsynced video.

I'll also need to adapt the existing OpenGL code to use OpenGL ES for
hardware acceleration.  Regular OpenGL seems to be stuck in software
mode (glxgears gets just 16fps!).  The bundled GL ES demo ran perfectly
smoothly, of course.

On the sound side, the current ALSA driver is still very buggy.  Using
it gives a kernel 'oops' when anything tries to use it, so we might have
to wait a bit longer for that.