Hi all,

Some time ago I wrote a toolkit to write MasterBASIC programs with the
Vim editor (http://vim.org) and import them into SimCoupe (see
http://programandala.net/en.program.mbim). It didn't work because the
KEYIN command has bugs (in SAM BASIC, but MasterBASIC didn't fix them).
In fact, a similar tool for ZX Spectrum's Beta BASIC (see, in Spanish:
http://programandala.net/es.programa.bbim) works like a charm: I can
write Beta BASIC code (in an improved format with new features) with
Vim, and then, with a keypress, convert it to "real" Beta BASIC and
create a fake disk image ready to be imported into the Beta BASIC
interpreter. It would be nice to work the same way with the more
powerful MasterBASIC...

Is there any patch to fix SAM Coupé's KEYIN? I'm afraid not.

I thought an alternative: I could write a program to convert the source
code into tokenized MasterBASIC and copy it into a SAM disk image. But
the tokenized format is not fully described in the Technical Manual or
the MasterBASIC User Manual (though many details can be found there and
others are similar to the ZX Spectrum format). In
theory this approach is feasible, but much more complex.

Any other idea?

I'd like to develop some project in MasterBASIC, but its own editor
would be a pain compared with the features of a modern editor. Beside,
also the RENUM command is buggy, what is a serious limitation.

Marcos

--
http://programandala.net