Quoting Tim Paveley <u...@samcoupescrapbook.co.uk>:

My guess is that the final label might be at some kind of
page boundary, which trips up the code building the table.  I haven't
tried to look into it -- any volunteers...?
So this may or may not be related but I've memories of long basic programs getting corrupted, and the corruption would happen around a page boundary. I'd end up putting long REM statements around the area affected.

I'm sure I had this issue with the Newsdisk Basic text viewer a few times... and very sure I had the same problem when I used similar code for the Blitz diskzine. (SAM Prime used a special text editor from Nigel Kettlewell so it didn't have that issue)