On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 3:38 PM John Warburton <j...@johnwarburton.net>
wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 3:25 AM Romain Beauxis <romain.beau...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the feedback and encouragement on this one! Should I worry
>> about the tightness described above or is that something you are able
>> to adjust for? I noticed that in some transitions the buffered data to
>> compute the transition was just a hair under the expected buffer
>> duration. I just pushed a change that seem to fix that.
>>

> Hello Romain,

Thank you for adjusting that.

This is about today's master, "Liquidsoap 1.4.0+scm (
https://github.com/savonet/liquidsoap.git@b8ab6c2e6fbccd9370a4a434afc0e2209c38567d:20190421:130046
)"

Just started today's git version running. After typing 'make install', I
needed manually to copy the new hls.liq file into place — it didn't get
installed:

 cp scripts/hls.liq /home/john/.opam/default/lib/liquidsoap/scm/

The system is now operating without fuss, and we shall see what happens.
Sounds just fine so far; if there's any difference in the timing, it's
merely a sliver of a second, so the stream still sounds smooth and as if a
human DJ is starting the next record. In the old days of playing vinyl on
the radio, I used to enjoy the fine-tuning that direct control of the
playing medium would give me. It's taken a while for digital to get there!
But a bit of EBU R.128 magic for detecting the best "start next" point
seems handy.

http://warblefly.sytes.net:8000/audio.aac
http://warblefly.sytes.net:8000/audi0-hifi-low.aac

with best wishes,