Hi John,

Le sam. 13 avr. 2019 à 07:21, John Warburton <j...@johnwarburton.net> a
écrit :

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 2:05 AM Romain Beauxis <romain.beau...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi John,
>>
> I just pushed the backport of the override metadata. For clarity
purposes, the parameter in the cross() function is now called
"duration_override" and the metadata is "liq_cross_duration". It'd be nice
if you had a minute to confirm that it works as intended for you! The
commit should be in the `remove-simple-cross` branch.

> Good afternoon Romain,
>
> Sorry to take so long getting back to you. Just other things at work.
First, thank you for making these changes! It's a real time-saver to be
able to fire off new tracks at pre-set fade levels without needing to mark
each of the thousands of tracks manually.

> I am going to locate the code you've written for this branch, compile it,
change my metadata, and see how it works, in the next hour or so.

> Incidentally, my old problem of the system stopping any crossfading at
all has gone away. It is this version that has been running without
incident for 27 days:

>  Liquidsoap 1.4.0+scm (
https://github.com/savonet/liquidsoap.git@c850baa33b3bab4304193e373ca7aadf0bb4a561:20190315:213626
)

Thanks for the continuous testing, this is so useful.

I'm very happy to hear that your script is now stable. This confirms what I
had been suspecting for a while, namely that transitions has issues with
stack overflow/not collecting intermediary sources.

I'll merge the working branch right away and we can then adjust for that
duration_override there, as well as with anything else that might come up.

Romain