i really have to disagree with your saying America's not racist. As a Black man
I still fight this stuff every day, whether it's inferiour white guys on my job
giving me grief, the white cop or security guard who follows m ein the store,
or the more generic white attitude that has whites speaking what they think is
black slang to me, or making assumptions about my values and interests.  I
worked in HR for a while, and i can tell you that black people get
discriminated against in hiring all the time, even now in 2008.

And to say that black people don't want to end our problems? I'm surprised at
that. I know a lot of blacks, rich and poor, educated and illiterate, who might
blame some of their problems on racism, but they don't *embrace* that as an
excuse. But they do see a system that still redlines black neighborhoods, that
has businesses skittish to build in black neighborhoods, real estate agents
leery of showing homes to blacks in a majority white neighborhood, and
companies where white people support other whites at our expense. It's changed,
it's gotten better, but it's not at all some fantasy we cook up to blame others
for our problems. I'm fairly well educated (BS in Electrical Engineering,
several hundred hours in Microsoft NT/Windows 2000 etc. training) speak "good"
English, etc., and I still encounter racism and prejudice. i don't go looking
for it, but i acknowledge it.

And even if Obama's elected that doesn't mean racism will end in America. A
president can attain the White House with basically half the vote, meaning half
th electorate can still be just as backwards and unenlightened as they want.

Finally, i have to comment on the thing about black man having all the
advantages. I agree with Tracey's statement: while black men may apparently
have an "in" in a male dominated corporate structure, the truth is that many
whites only have room for one or the other, black men or black women. And the
truth is that often white men see competent black men as threats. I have been
in many a situation where white guys view me with veiled hostility even though
i've done nothing to them, yet will joke and kid around with black women. some
of that, frankly, is a sexist attitude: they see the women as less of a threat
and someone they can joke and kid and flirt with. My wife has commented to me
more than once on how white guys in corporate America are getting bolder than
ever in flirting with black women. They're *women*, and that makes the guys
feel good. but as a black man, what can I do for a straight white guy in that
area? He can't flirt with me, can't feel somehow more physically powe
rful over me the way he might with a woman. he might assume that i'm in
incoming Alpha male who might mess with his little fiefdom.   So out goes the
threat (me) in favor of a black lady that threatens the guys less.

I feel that you're kind of putting a divide here, drawing a line between
Brothers and Sisters and lumping us with white men. as if you're saying black
men take advantage of Sisters too and use the system against them. That's not
true of all of us by any means. My wife is my partner, and i'm just as
angry--angrier--at the combination sexist/racist treatment she takes as the
racist treatment i get.  i see a victory for her and all Sisters as a victory
for us as a people and would never subscribe to the philosophy that i'm in the
old boys club like the white guys.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 1/4/2008 1:12:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,