While gymfig may have cut off the comment.  I'm the one that said
"disintegrating".  Perhaps it is  an exaggeration. I certainly hope
so.   But in some parts of the country, black men have 50%
unemployment, college grad rates of black men are decreasing
dramatically, the percentage of Blacks marrying is dropping
dramatically, blacks placed in prison for petty crimes is increasing,
offsprings of middle class blacks are increasingly falling behind;
college educated blacks are finding it increasingly difficult to find
gainful employment, in states where affirmative action has been
abolished blacks pursuing college degrees has been cut in half.
Community organizations supporting Black communities are finding it
increasingly difficult to secure funds needed for operation.  I could
cite other factors, but if it is not disintegrating, I think something
bad is definitively happening to us and no has yet figured out how to
stop it.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Daryle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Whoa. Whoa, wait. Whoa.
>
> Disintegrating? Whowhere? I¹m confused. HOW did we get here? You¹ve
cut off
> the post you  were responding to  and I don¹t follow you  right  now
at all.

> On 1/4/08 4:33 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > In a message dated 1/4/2008 3:32:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > <mailto:tdlists%40multiculturaladvantage.com>  writes:
> >
> > then somebody please tell me why the black community
> > seems to be disintegrating.
> >
> > Black males AND black females must take some form of
responsibility for