>how about implementing dialog window, filled with list of filename (no
>full path) of the buffers, just like in Visual Studio .NET\'s Alt-W-W
>(Window-Windows). It\'s pretty handy when you had this 50+ buffers opened
>at a time,

I don't think anyone needs 50+ files open at the same time.
I have buffers=30 and never open more than ca. 15 files.
Most of time there are 3-6 files open, so it's easy to switch
between them using Tab Bar or Ctrl+Pg Up/Dn
(I don't think I've ever used the Buffers menu).

So, my advice is to open only files that you actually edit,
close them when you're done and use Ctrl+O or an external file
manager (where you can sort by date or file extension
and not only by filename).

I used Ctrl+W in Code-Genie (another good text editor,
unfortunately no longer supported I think) to select file windows
to be tiled (Code-Genie had a multi-document interface).

Of course, if there is a buffer list window in SciTE, I won't protest.

Piotr

PNG image