Toby's given a great selection of the classic titles, but I think there are
a number of more modern collections also worthy of consideration,
particularly for recently-composed tunes and current session/ceilidh
repertoire:

1. Ho-Ro-Gheallaidh: Session Tunes for Scottish Fiddlers (2 volumes)

2. Cruinn Comhla: The Well-Travelled Fiddler

3. Fiddle Music of the Scottish Highlands (6 volumes)

4. The Ceilidh Collection for Fiddlers (4 volumes)

5. The Fiddle Music of Scotland (James Hunter)

6. The Caledonian Companion (Alastair Hardie)

7. The Scots Fiddle (J Murray Neill) (2 Volumes)

In addition, Toby's list doesn't have anything from Niel Gow, so I'd
include:

8. The Gow Collection of Scottish Dance Music

Regards,

Ted Hastings