As I've been following this subject with great interest, I've become curious.  Is there a significant difference between the Scottish and the Irish genres?  I play Celtic Music (mainly Irish) on the hammer dulcimer and play a lot of fiddle tunes, generally preferring the slip jigs and tunes with a rhythmic or melodic twist...not much into waltzes and aires.

I am looking forward to summarizing all of your suggestions on the books.  My library includes O'Neill's.  Would anyone want to suggest some neat Scottish tunes from that book...or perhaps, just send some of your playlists to serve as a source list for the individual titles.  From there, I can visit some of these suggestions to determine which books might be more to my liking.

I appreciate your efforts in response to my first post to this group.  THANKS!!!

Leslie, [EMAIL PROTECTED], USA, Kansas, Winfield Bluegrass Festival, Carp Camp.