Your toolchain's architecture is arm, so you'll have to choose arm instead of armeb. As a rule of thumb, it's wise to choose the latest qemu version.

The "sb2" stands for the patchset applied to that version of qemu. The "m2" is slightly different patchset, but it is very unlikely in your case to find it more useful than the sb2 one.

There's always qemu-arch (in your case, qemu-arm) which defaults to the recommended qemu of the given architecture.

Regards,

  Jussi

Murray Cumming wrote:
You are right. In the future, we might think of eliminating the architectures that are clearly wrong from the selection.

For the toolchain you're using, qemu-arm-0.8.1-sb2 might be the one you're looking for.

Thanks.

But what's the basis for that choice. Where can I learn what these are? For instance, what does "sb2" mean, and why is it better for me than the other ones?