Lauri T. Aarnio ha scritto:

On Nov 17, 2008, at 6:27 PM, ext Claudio Scordino wrote:

Hi,

 can someone tell me why the command

sb2 host-gcc host.c -lncurses

fails and returns the following message:

collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]

on sbox2-1.99.0.26 ?

This does not happen if I use sbox2-1.99.0.23.

Dear Lauri,

Hi Claudio,
can you please try with the latest version which is available in the git repository? I'm not sure if it solves your problem (haven't seen that kind of segfault from ld), but on the other hand, after .26 we have made some changes to the way how the host-* tools are handled, and there are many bugfixes, too...

Yesterday I tried with the latest git version too, and the problem still happened :(

if that doesn't solve it, then I'll need more details about your config; your host.c compiles just fine with my latest development version (which contains some patches that are not yet integrated to the official version, but nothing that should affect the host-* tools, I think)

Notice that if I remove "-lncurses" the program compiles succesfully. In fact, I don't actually need ncurses for this program... However, if I put "-lncurses" as gcc option, then ld crashes.

Regards,

          Claudio