Hi all,

I'm trying to run a dynamically linked executable under Scratchbox and
getting nowhere with that. The executable is compiled outside of
Scratchbox environment and runs there without any problem. However, when
I copy it into my Scratchbox user area under
/scratchbox/users/$USER/home/$USER/, then login to Scratchbox and try to
run it, I get two different errors, depending on how I invoke my
executable.

Specifically, if I use either relative path or what passes for absolute
path in the Scratchbox world (i.e., starting with /home/$USER/), I get a
"No such file or directory" error from bash. Interestingly, if I define
SBOX_REDIRECT_LOG, I can see in the log file that Scratchbox picks up
the executable and determines (quite correctly) its type as dynamic,
which makes me wonder how on earth bash would not see it if Scratchbox
does.

Alternatively, if I use a fully resolved path (i.e., starting with
/scratchbox/users/$USER/) when invoking my executable, I get the
following error from dynamic linker:

error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

Obviously, libstdc++ is one of the DSOs this executable needs in order
to run. Inside Scratchbox environment it's located in /usr/lib/ which is
included in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so again it is a bit strange why linker
could not find it.

Can anyone please tell me what causes these errors and what can I do to
make my executable run under Scratchbox?

I'm using Scratchbox 1.0.11 configured with the following target:

Compiler: cs2007q3-glibc2.5-arm6

Devkits: cputransp

CPU-transparency: /scratchbox/devkits/cputransp/bin/qemu-arm-eabi-sb2

Thanks in advance!

Mikhail