That depends on just how remote the DMZ is from where you want to administer it, and
whether you want/need to administer it from work or home or the road, or ......

However, some combination of good software, good tunneling, good hardware, good
security measures and private links are probably just what the doctor would order.

Good Software:

What you listed, or I've had good luck with NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing, and
it's more secure and *much* faster than VNC and free, as long as you have a reasonably
new version of IE (say 5.0 SP2 or better - prior to that I don't have experience with
it.)

Good Tunneling:

PPTP works OK, but has some weaknesses, but if you already have some sort of VPN
hardware on the router or firewall that you trust, you're mostly there.

Private Links:

Dedicated link like a frac-T1 or 56k/64k frame if you have a free interface on your
router, or a modem that you can do dial-back with.

Good Security:

Opening only the ports necessary, and only for the IP addresses necessary, on the
firewall for inbound and outbound traffic, if you're opening a remote desktop session
of some sort.

Good Hardware:

I believe that Compaq and Dell (and probably others) have add-in boards that would
allow a remote desktop to be opened, and they do lots of other stuff done as well.

I'm sure I've left out lots of other alternatives, but these pop right to mind.

Kurt