Matt,

Your question doesn't make sense...you say that you
cannot use pcAnywhere or VNC due to the security risks
(which you haven't defined), but you still want a
remote admin tool.

What _are_ the risks, as you see them?  Are you trying
to admin these machines from within the
infrastructure, or from home?  If it's from within the
infrastructure, you can do several simple things to
minimize the risks.

Besides, doesn't pcAnywhere support encryption?

Have you considered an out-of-band method of some
kind?

I think that if you are able to clarify your situation
a little bit further (ie, are you admining these
systems from your home via the Internet, from within
the infrastructure, or...??), someone might be able to
present some ideas for you.