IMHO you would be ill-advised to expose Terminal Services on a W2K / NT server to the
internet, as the MS01-052 security
vulnerability demonstrates (read between the lines and you'll find that even MS
assumes that no-one would be foolish
enough to expose TS to the internet - and they assigned their new "risk-ratings"
accordingly)...
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS01-052.asp

Stick with allowing VPN-only access to the box, and use VNC/pcA/MMC/Terminal Services
over your "secured" VPN
connection.

James