> I've done incident response on IIS web servers and
> when I've asked some admins for the web server
> logs, I've received a zipped archive containing
> three .evt files.
>
> So perhaps it's not so much the product as it is
> those responsible for managing it.  After all, if
> someone misuses a gun and shoots himself in the
> foot, is the gun manufacturer then responsible?

They are if the gun is shipped with a bullet in the chamber. This is just
another good example of why vendor's should ship all products with a minimal
default configuration and let the administrator manually add to the default
services.

Regards, Dustin

---
Dustin Puryear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Information Systems Consultant
http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams