try the simple solution, buy a 802.11b nic and setup airsnort ... if you
get a symbol extender /antenna you can get range to cover a pretty large
campus.  better yet, you can get access to the WAP and connect to your
network through it so you can block the MAC on the thing (although some
WAP's allow mac spoofing by default, you might want to try just sending
out a memo so people know of the dangers of WAP's...