> I see lots of people recommending Netgear NICs, but nobody has mentioned
> Linksys, specifically the LNE100TX. I've had no problems whatsoever in
> the 2 yrs I've been using them. (tulip driver) A quick pricewatch search
> shows compuplus.com selling them for $4 right now.

I've had good luck with the Linksys cards too, until I upgraded to an
athlon based machine.  I don't know why, but my old Linksys cards
fail to work in my new athlon machine.  They will come up, but as
soon as they see any heavy traffic (e.g. ftp'ing a 1+ MB file), they
die.  I have to bring the interface down, reload the kernel modules,
and then bring the interface backup before it will work again.  I
switched it for a D-Link card, and I haven't had any problems
since.  I still use the Linksys in my old P2-266 w/o problems.

Steve