I agree a firewall should not have installed services
or applications that are not required in its role.
Check out www.ipcop.org. Its 28 mb based on RedHat 7.2
but uses the 2.2 kernel and ipchains (not iptables).
Being a recent distro means its easier to
patch/update. In fact, the web interface makes
patching the fw a snap. Administration is simplified
as well.

I am testing it out at the moment and so far I'm
satisfied.

Sean.

--- Florian Hobelsberger / BlueScreen

http://www.florian-hobelsberger.de/BlueScreen-PGP-PubKey.txt