On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 12:49:14PM +0200, David Hayes wrote:
> Hi,
> I've got an old p150 with about 64Mb Ram hanging around that I'm going to
> set up as a firewall for when I get broadband. I have a few questions that
> hopefully somebody can answer
> 1. Whats the best distribution to use, I have had quite a bit of experience
> with Linux but not for the last 4/5 years so I'm a bit out of touch.
> 2. I'll need a network card for the box, any reccomendations for a
> cheap(ish) card that will be easy to configure under linux
> 3. Until I get broadband I'll probably set it up so the Linux box dials my
> normal ISP, I've only got a cheap winmodem any reccomendations for a good
> modem to use with Linux
> Thanks for all your help
> David Hayes

I think you should use the distro you're well with and you know the
well. I'd use a 8.0 slackware because it's the lightest one, with a
2.4.18 recompiled kernel. Slackware uses 2.4.5 kernel, but it has the
ptrace vuln so... Use iptables as firewall.
For net card, realteks chipset are supported, as 3com and many more
For the modem, any USB modem would fit I think
neuro

--
On ne peut pas tomber plus bas que la main de Dieu.
        (Merci S.G :)