From: Shaun Sturby [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 2:32 PM
To: 'Robert Bailey'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Server Monitoring

WhatsUp Gold from Ipswitch (www.ipswitch.ca)

In its March 19th issue, Network News notes that when managing networks
"You
don't even need to buy an expensive package, such as HP OpenView either.
Ipswitch sells WhatsUp Gold, which will quite happily talk to any
devices
that you name."

WhatsUp Gold is listed in the latest Network World's Interactive Buyer's
Guide of Network Management Software Suites. Click on the link to review
the
information. A lot of information here.

http://www.nwfusion.com/reviews/2002/netmanage0318result.jsp?_tablename=
netm
anage0318

Disclaimer: I work for a company that among other things is an Ipswitch
Premier partner. Prior to coming on board I have experience with HP
Openview, Castlerock SNMPc, MRTG and WhatsUp Gold. I found WhatsUp to be
the
easiest to setup and maintain.

Shaun