> Looking for software that will monitor our servers
and
> let us know when they go down. Anyone have any
> suggestions as to what they would suggest?

Robert,

In the words of Austin Powers, "Allow myself to
introduce...myself".

Anyway, to answer your question...it's not exactly
clear what you're looking for.  First off, you haven't
specified the types (Solaris, 2K, etc) servers you're
talking about.   Generally, you can have an agent on
the system, but if someone suddenly shuts off the
power, the agent goes down with it, and won't send
it's message.

If you're talking about the server platform itself,
generally, ping should work.  If you're referring to a
particular service/daemon on the server, a simple
application that queries the service on a regular
basis would work just fine.