On Thu, 2 May 2002, Radoslav [iso-8859-2] Dejanoviæ wrote:

> On Tuesday 30 April 2002 19:59, Robert Bailey wrote:
> > Looking for software that will monitor our servers and let us know
> > when
> > they go down. Anyone have any suggestions as to what they would
> > suggest?
> > Thanks!

One good tool you might want to use is called Angel. For futher
information/downloads, check out:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/angelnetworkmonitor/

Angel monitors various services (SMTP, FTP, Telnet.. etc.) on a variety
of servers you specify. The output is pretty pleasing.. and you can be
informed when a server/service goes down in a variety of ways. If I
remember correctly it also monitors disk space and other such things for
you.

All in all a pretty decent package. Worth giving a look, maybe just what
you need. Home page is at:

http://www.paganini.net/angel

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Manager, Research and Product Development,
SLMsoft.com