From: "Radoslav Dejanović" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Robert Bailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: Server Monitoring

On Tuesday 30 April 2002 19:59, Robert Bailey wrote:
> Looking for software that will monitor our servers and let us know when
> they go down. Anyone have any suggestions as to what they would suggest?
> Thanks!

What servers do you have? Unix boxes, Windows boxes?
If you just need to know if the hardware is up and running, make a simple
script that will periodically ping all the machines, and if they don't
respond, send an alert. That is as simple as that, but note that it just
checks health of the server as whole - if some service fails, you won't be
notified.
Maybe if you tell us a little bit more about your servers - at least what
OS they're running and what should be monitored?

--
Radoslav Dejanovic
Senior Associate to Mayor's Office