I definately agree, banners that jump out and say 'look at me, Im easily exploitable'
aren't a good thing. Changing them definately won't fix any exploits at all, but I
think obscuring them lowers your chances of being noticed slightly. With all the
script kiddies and so called 'crackers/hackers' out there, I'll take every 10th of a
percent of lowered risk I can get.
 As for telnet, people still use unencrypted shell logins? Thats just slightly
disturbing.

Sincerely,
John A. Yonn