I'd go with the idea, Security through obscurity, Isn't such a bad idea, I mean drop
down all around the corner what exactly security is, the on going effort to keep away
the *HARMFULS*, If there were no harmful elements, there wouldnt be much of the
security buzz.
So if your telnet banner says OpenBSD and kills away chances for *many* skiddiez to
try out their linux exploit attempts, or if your telnet banner says microsoft telnet
server and keeps away the skiddiez trying their linux exploit and rather they try some
other win* vulnerability. Then I dont mind keeping away less-skilled hax0rs plus
worms. And letting only skilled ones to take a shot.
I support the idea.

Regards,
---------
Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka

Chief Technology Officer
Gem Internet Services (Pvt) Ltd.
web: www.gem.net.pk

Vice President
Pakistan Computer Emergency Responce Team (PakCERT)
web: www.pakcert.org

Chief Security Analyst
Applied Technology Research Center (ATRC)
web: www.atrc.net.pk

--- "Meritt James" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<<SNIPP>>

[ATTITUDEX.COM]
http://www.attitudex.com/

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with [EMAIL PROTECTED] by
Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag