----- Original Message -----
From: "Ash" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tim Bowes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2002 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: Optimal Home/Office Firewall Solution

<snip>

> OpenBSD's PF is an excellent firewall. It is fully configurable, and has
> a nice amoutn of documentaion on the net.

This brings up something I've been wondering about this week. Say I wanted
to implement a firewall for a small home network. I know that OpenBSD
provides excellent security. However while I know a little Unix, I would by
no means call myself very knowledgeable about it. Would it be better for me
to use a Windows-based firewall software program that would be fairly easy
to learn, or learn-as-I-go with OpenBSD?

In other words, OpenBSD would probably be superior, but is it worth using
while I climb the steep learning curve?

Britt

--
"My mom says I'm cool."