> OK, after that mail worked properly, here is my first update on the
> implementation status in current SVN. If you develop with SMW, it is
> suggested to go over this to see whether changes in your code are needed.
>
> Overview:
>
> * Files have changed for easier reading and maintenance.
> * Factbox display works differently with slightly different results.
> * smwfRequireHeadItem has been replaced by a new method: everyone using this
> function, but also everyone that writes a special page, parser hook, or
> parser function invoking SMW outputs must adopt his or her code! Read on.
>
> Also, there were first set of changes to Type:Date, enabling
> internationalised
> date parsing and year-only dates (e.g. "1970" failed before). This is rather
> a user-issue than a matter of concern for developers, so I do not detail this
> here. There will be updates on the list as this project progresses.

I hope that both input and output of dates will be localized, but also
it would be nice to have
compatibility with current {{#time}} calculations, which allows nice
things, like "show me
the articles from that category and limit to current week/month":
http://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Test_query#Date_filtering

Also I've found very nice dynamic menu/tree extension, which works smoothly
together with SMW (dynamical, too):
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:TreeAndMenu

the formatting of the tree level is very simple, [n] of asterisks before
the node text:
*Root
**Level2
***Level3
and so on. Now I have to use simple set of templates:
**{{{1}}}
to put the pages to the tree dynamically. It would be really nice to
have format=tree|level=[n]
to specify such output without templates at all (then the "further
results" link can be also put
to the same tree level automatically).
In case nobody is interested, I might try to implement such format
myself (don't know how
much it's simple or difficult - will look at the code).
Dmitriy