> Output is already localised anyway, using the wiki language in the Factbox
> and
> the user language in Special:Browse etc. It is technically not possible
> (without much added processing effort) to localise page contents to user
> settings, since the wiki page is cached for all users.
>

>> but also
>> it would be nice to have
>> compatibility with current {{#time}} calculations, which allows nice
>> things, like "show me
>> the articles from that category and limit to current week/month":
>> http://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Test_query#Date_filtering
>>

> Do you mean we should support input of the form "2008-W41"?

There should be way to perform time calculations. Maybe a input of date
in seconds
stored in 64bit number, so it can store dates from Noah to 2100 century.
Then, the time calculations can be performed in templates.

 It would be a good idea to have "cross-wiki" international format
such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO8601 in addition to localized
formats,
so the dates can be imported easily from another language wikies.

Also, localized formats aren't fixed, here in Russia the same date can be
displayed either as
or
13.10.2008
so, it would be nice to be able to specify formatting in printouts,
something like
{{#ask:...|?Date{d.M.y}|...}}

Dates are horrible thing - they use complex numerical base. I've had a
pain of building
a query which should return pages of memorable dates from past
centuries, where only
day and month should match with current one.

These templates helped me a lot:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Date_computing_template
many thanks to hard work of the people who had implemented these.

By the way, these templates already ISO8601 compliant:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:YMD2MJD
Maybe it would be nice to have compatibility with such templates.

Dmitriy